How do I go about applying for an affordable home from those you will be providing?

In common with affordable homes elsewhere in Devon, you must first register with Devon Home Choice, who will assess your eligibility for affordable housing. As part of the overall agreement around affordable housing delivery both on the CeramTec site and within the Parish the CLT would want to prioritise such homes for those who are […]

How does the CLT ensure that homes are prioritised for local people?

If the CLT builds on an exception site (ie a site adjacent to the settlement boundary where housing development would not normally be permitted), then a legally binding planning agreement (known as a Section 106 Agreement) is that the homes must be prioritised for local people. It is only on this condition that planning permission […]

Who would be responsible for building the affordable homes?

A CLT can itself commission the building out of affordable homes using different types of contract, or work in various partnership models with housing associations and developers to build out a scheme. In the case of the CeramTec site it is envisaged that we would work in partnership with Homes England’s selected developer partner and […]